Friday, October 9, 2009

Desert Song

Watch this video from Jill McCloghry from Hillsong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE33ejdgWIY

What an amazing testimony of faith!!! This song will now hold such greater depth when I sing it. I pray that I will continue to always sing and choose to worship like Jill when I don't always feel like it or when I don't sense God's presence. As she said, "God is still God. It doesn't change what he's called me to be or what he's called me to do...He's still on his throne!"

As Kim Walker says, I don't wanna talk about God like he's not in the room. I don't want to segment my life into "God times" and "me times." Ashley had a word last night for me at Elevate that God wants to pick out my outfits in the morning for me. She saw a banner with "FREEDOM" written on it over my closet.

At first I thought, well that's kinda cool. Sometimes I expend too much effort and time in the morning on that, which can be frustrating! Then I realized the underlying message is that God wants to be involved in every part of my life. It's not like I only enter into his presence when I am praying in the morning, or when I'm at lifegroup or church. No! Jesus is with me and in me. "He always lives to intercede for me." (Hebrews 7:25) Hallelujah :).

I am loving the rain this morning!!! It makes me want to keep writing and staying in my bed. Good day to you all, it's time to get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment