Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Elevate

So our first Elevate class was on Monday!! It's been really cool to see how God has worked in my life this summer and how it became manifest on our first gathering that we really were all there for the right reasons and that God has a plan for each of us by going through this intense 10 months of discipleship training. The time of worship was incredible. I was also really blessed when the previous Elevaters prayed over us. I got some really encouraging words from the Lord. Even yesterday at work, I felt the spirit of God stirring in me and exciting me about being in Elevate. (Whereas, before there was a lot of skepticism, worry, anxiety, comparison to others, fear of failure, etc). But the 7 Steps to Freedom put me on a path to say no to those lies and press into what the Lord says about me. And p.s., I have never experienced such fullness of joy!

Last night I prayed for a friend of mine who is searching for God. I felt like I was rambling and had no clue if she was receiving anything I was saying or if she just wanted me to shut up. She is not a Christian, but she says she is searching for God. I asked her why she continues to come to Life Group every week. She said she feels like there's a better chance of God being at Life Group than any other place. To which I immediately responded that it's not some probability or chance. Where 2 or more are gathered in the name of Jesus, he is there!!!! In the words of Kim Walker, "I don't wanna talk about you like you're not in the room. I wanna look right at you...see right through you." Anyhow, she was not open to much discussion, so I just prayed for her with all I had in me and when I was done I was literally overcome with passion and longing for her to know the Lord personally. Jesus, come and overwhelm her by who you are! Sweep her away with your timeless, relentless, unconditional love. Let her choose you, b/c only you can satisfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment