Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fort Hood shooting

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas.fort.hood.shootings/index.html

We heard about this at the VA today and everyone was talking about it. It's such a tragedy and so unexpected. I always wonder what's going on in a criminal's mind. I probably don't want to know. But I just don't get it.

As one lady said about her daughter who was injured, "I thought I was more worried about her going over to Iraq than here, just doing training in Texas. She just got there yesterday." The number killed and number injured kept rising as the story developed, and as far as I know, 12 are dead and 31 wounded. Lord, bless and counsel these people's families and surround that place with your protection. Bring justice.

It astounds me that on any given day there are 25,000 plus people on that base. It's the largest Army base in the U.S. We have a few people employed by the VA that work at Fort Hood and they are all safe, so that is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment